FORMULA 1 QATAR GRAND PRIX 2023 & 2024 LIC Ticket Terms & Conditions
1. In this document:
- a. Event means the FORMULA 1 QATAR GRAND PRIX 2023 & 2024 and any support events or any peripheral entertainment organised or staged at the Venue;
- b. Event Country means QATAR;
- c. FIA means the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile or any employee, representative, agent or contractor acting on the FIA’s behalf;
- d. FOWC means Formula One World Championship Limited;
- e. Promoter means Ministry of Sports and Youth;
- f. Terms and Conditions means this document and any other documents incorporated by reference;
- g. Venue means LUSAIL INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT motor racing venue hosting the Event;
- h. you or a Ticketholder means a person who has purchased or obtained a ticket to the Event, or a person who otherwise uses or attempts to make use of a ticket.
2. Promoter has appointed Qatar Motor & Motorcycle Federation (QMMF), to act as delivery agency to organise and promote the Event., - QMMF has appointed Lusail International Circuit to be responsible for the ticket sales of the Event.
3. The purchase, possession and/or use (or attempted use) of a ticket to gain entry to the Venue for the Event constitutes acceptance of, and agreement to comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
4. These Terms and Conditions are subject to any additional Event admission, security, public order and safety conditions, terms or regulations that may be sign-posted at the Venue or issued by the Promoter from time to time (the Venue Regulations). The Venue Regulations are available at www.lcsc.qa. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Venue Regulations, the Venue Regulations will prevail.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to make alterations to the published Event programme where necessary.
Spectators allowed to the event
6. If you purchase a ticket for a person younger than the age of majority in the Event Country, you are responsible for ensuring that child complies with these Terms and Conditions and that a parent or guardian consents to entry into these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that child.
7. If you have purchased a ticket for a person other than yourself, you must bring these Terms and Conditions to their attention.
8. You may be refused entry to the Venue if you attempt to use or present a ticket bought, acquired or obtained from an unauthorised vendor.
9. All tickets that are damaged or torn or suspected of being forgeries will entitle the Promoter to refuse entry to the venue.
10. Admission to the Venue will only be granted on presentation of a valid ticket. Proof of identity or age may be requested to verify the ticketholder’s entitlement to use a ticket or classification of ticket.
11. The Promoter declines any responsibility for tickets that have not been purchased at official points of sale.
12. Ticketholders in possession of a child’s ticket or other category of discounted ticket, who are not eligible to hold such a ticket, may be refused entry to the Venue or required to pay the difference between the cost of the ticket they hold and the full price adult ticket.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to alter seat allocations (if any) without prior notice, for a valid reason.
14. No admission or re-admission is permitted after the end of each day of the Event.
15. You must keep your ticket safe and in good condition. The Promoter reserves the right not to replace or accept any ticket that is lost, forgotten, stolen, damaged, defaced, forged or destroyed or any ticket which is unreadable or incomplete. The Promoter will not replace tickets for seating that is classified as general admission or is unallocated.
Refunds, prohibitions on transfers and resale of tickets
16. Tickets to the event are strictly non-transferable and not for resale.
17. No ticket for the Event may be on-sold or offered for resale for any form of fee or reward without the prior written consent of the Promoter and FOWC first being obtained and without complying with these Terms and Conditions in all respects.
18. No ticket for the Event may be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests, sweepstakes or packaged with hospitality or other products without the prior written consent of FOWC and the Promoter first being obtained.
19. Tickets are non-refundable except as outlined in these Terms and Conditions or as required by law.
20. Tickets cannot be exchanged.
21. Any ticket offered for sale, sold or transferred in breach of these Terms and Conditions may be cancelled and any person seeking to use such ticket may be refused entry to, or evicted from the Venue without refund or compensation.
22. The Promoter does not guarantee that a session or day of the Event will take place at the date and time indicated on the ticket. The Promoter, the FIA or FOWC may make changes to the date and time of a session or day of the Event in the event of any unforeseen circumstances, including poor weather conditions, safety or security concerns. There are no refunds if a session or day of the Event is delayed, interrupted or not-completed.
23. Unless required by law, refunds or exchanges will only be given if the Event is cancelled. No booking or delivery fees will be refunded if the Event is cancelled. If the Event is cancelled, the Promoter will refund the person who purchased the ticket, the ticket price using the same payment method used to purchase the ticket. Except where required by law, no refunds will be given in relation to any fees or charges paid in addition to the ticket price (for example, any postage, courier, transport or accommodation charges) and no interest or costs will be payable by the Promoter in respect of any monies refunded.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to change, amend or even cancel parts of the Event programme as operationally required either pre or during the Event. If for whatever reason any support event, performance, entertainment, activity, facility or line-up or any other peripheral entertainment organised or staged at the Venue are subsequently changed or cancelled, no ticket refund or exchange shall be due nor will be offered as a result of any change.
25. No refund or exchange will be given if you choose not to use your ticket or to attend the Event.
Conduct at the Venue
26. While at the Venue you must maintain safe and respectful behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right, on reasonable grounds, to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Venue, including where: (a) you are or your behaviour is likely to adversely affect the enjoyment of others; (b) you are or your behaviour is likely to provoke a breach of the peace; (c) you appear to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances; or (d) you fail to follow the lawful directions or instructions of Event staff or security personnel.
27. You may be exposed to loud noises at the Event. You and any of your guests, particularly children, are advised to wear hearing protection during races and music concerts (if any).
28. You must follow the lawful directions of Event or Venue staff, security personal and emergency services authorities and comply with all relevant laws and regulations of the Event Country.
29. You must not obstruct access-ways, exits, entrances or staircases or seek entry to stands, seats or areas for which you do not hold a ticket.
30. Parents and guardians are responsible for children that accompany them at all times at the Venue. All children under sixteen (16) years of age must be supervised at all times.
31. No animals (with the exception of registered assistance dogs) will be admitted to the Venue.
32. You must not bring into, use, distribute or display (whether for free or not) within the Venue any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials or do any other thing which may cause a reasonable person to believe that you have a sponsorship arrangement with the Promoter, the Event or FOWC or its affiliates.
33. It is not permitted to bring alcohol beverages and any objects that could be considered dangerous by the Promoter inside the venue.
34. The Organisation reserves the right to allow or deny access to the venue once the event has started.
Safety and Security
35. You must comply with all security measures and instructions given to you by the Promoter (or its authorised agents), any official, steward or staff member of the Venue.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to direct you to leave the Venue at any time for safety or security reasons.
37. The Promoter may use CCTV cameras at the Venue. Your image may be captured by these CCTV cameras. The Promoter may use or pass to law enforcement agencies any recordings from CCTV cameras.
38. You must make your person and bags available for inspection. The Promoter may refuse entry to or eject from the Venue any person refusing to consent to such inspection.
39. You must not bring to the Venue or seek entry to the Venue while in possession of: (a) bottles, cans, glass vessels or your own food and drink (unless permitted by the Venue Regulations); (b) illegal substances or any article that might be used or interpreted as a weapon and/or compromise public safety or enjoyment of the Event including knives, bladed items, fireworks, smoke canisters, personal protection sprays, air-horns, vuvuzelas, whistles, flares, firearms, ammunition, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items; (c) drones or similar equipment, phone jammers, radio scanners, walkie-talkies, laser devices, selfie sticks; (d) bicycles, roller-skates, skateboards, scooters, prams; (e) items which could in the option of the Promoter be used to sabotage or damage property; or (f) items of a political, religious or other similar nature or items bearing offensive slogans or messages (Prohibited Items).
40. Any person in possession of Prohibited Items may be refused entry to or ejected from the Venue or may only be permitted to remain in the Venue if any such Prohibited Items are surrendered.
41. Any Prohibited Items that are surrendered will be deemed to be surrendered irrevocably and voluntarily. Any such items may be disposed of by the Promoter without any liability.
Photography and Recording
42. You must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (Recording), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (Data) of, at, or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Venue any equipment that may enable you to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other handheld personal communications devices) are permitted within the Venue unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (Image) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only.
43. As a condition of entry to the Venue you agree that (a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image for any form of public advertisement, display, commercial gain or for any other purpose (except for your private enjoyment) without the prior written consent of FOWC is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions for which you may be liable; and (b) on request by the Promoter or FOWC, you shall assign to FOWC in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording that you create, make, store or record of, at or in relation to the Event; and (c) you consent to the use by FOWC (and by any third party authorized by FOWC from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide, in perpetuity and on a royalty-free basis, and approved by FOWC of any still or moving picture images taken at the Event where such image includes any image of you, your voice or your likeness and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use.
44. Unauthorised Recordings, Images or similar items or content may be confiscated and destroyed. The Promoter and FOWC and its affiliates will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to or resulting from confiscated items.
45. Ownership, possession or use of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use (for any commercial purpose or otherwise), alter, copy or otherwise deal with the name of the Event or part thereof (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof), any logo or graphic device of or relating to the Event or any of the symbols, trade marks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket. The F1 FORMULA 1 Logo, F1 Logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, QATAR GRAND PRIX, GRAND PRIX, PADDOCK CLUB and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. All rights reserved.
46. You acknowledge that motor racing, the Event and certain activities associated with the Event (including without limitation Support Events) are dangerous and you agree to attend at your own risk.
47. The Promoter, sanctioning bodies, FIA, FOWC and its affiliates, including Formula One Management Limited, Formula One Licensing B.V., Formula One Asset Management Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited, Formula Motorsport Limited, Formula One Marketing Limited, persons involved in the organisation of the Event (including officials, marshals, rescue and medical staff), the competitors and drivers (such parties to include where relevant all directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliated companies), are not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused to you or your property to the maximum extent permitted by the laws of the Event Country (save that nothing in these conditions limits or excludes (a) liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of any of the above mentioned parties, or (b) any damage incurred by way of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by any of the above mentioned parties).
48. By signing this form the customer hereby consents to the collection and processing of the personal data that he / she has provided to the Lusail International Circuit.
49. Subject to the laws of the Event Country, you may have the right to access, correct or request deletion of your personal information or to object to or restrict the Promoter processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Any information requests or other queries in relation to these Terms and Conditions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
50. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Event Country. You irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Event Country and waive any objection to the venue of any legal process in these courts on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
51. These Terms and Conditions are not intended to affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
52. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 25 October 2023. Any queries in relation to these Terms and Conditions should be sent to email@example.com
53. The Promoter reserves the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions from time to time where it has a valid reason to do so (including, without limitation, a change in the operational, security or health and safety requirements of the Promoter and/or Venue). Any material changes will be notified to you by the Promoter via the email address you provided at the time you purchased your tickets.